You Deserve More
At Shaffer Trucking, we believe that drivers deserve more, especially when it comes to pay. That’s why Shaffer Trucking raised pay for its OTR National Fleet. Effective January 1, 2018, you could be earning $.47 to $.53 per practical mile. Our top drivers average more than $73,000 per year! We also work to provide you with industry-leading benefits. Plus, you won’t have to worry about losing miles due to the ELD mandate; we’ve been running compliant for more than 5 years.
But we didn’t just stop there. When you work for Shaffer Trucking you also receive benefits beyond the paycheck.
- Stability: More than 80 years as a privately owned, debt-free company
- Starting out earning $.47 to $.53 per practical mile, with top drivers averaging over $73,000 every year.
- Drivers now cruise at 65 mph.
- Guaranteed detention pay
- Pet Policy –2 Pets
- No-Cost Rider Policy
- Paid orientation
- Gold Standard Benefits – Health, Life, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)
- Profit Sharing – $8 million contributed in 2017
- Vacation Pay
- VA Approved, Military Apprenticeship Program
- And much more!
- Minimum 22 Years of Age
- Stable & Verifiable Work History
- Acceptable Driving Record
- Valid Class A CDL
- Minimum of 4 Months OTR experience *
- No alcohol-related offenses or positive drug screens in the past five year
* Some area restrictions apply