Miles are back!
Last year, the industry took a hit. Miles took a dip and your paycheck felt it. But at Shaffer Trucking, those miles are back and then some. Shaffer has continued to increase miles. In fact, we have been averaging 7% more miles than the industry.* Plus, with the recent pay raise, OTR drivers now start out earning $.49 to $.52 per practical mile and receive a full benefits package. Drivers can now cruise at 65 mph. It’s no wonder we have been in business for 80 years.
But we didn’t just stop there. When you work for Shaffer Trucking you also receive benefits beyond the paycheck.
- Top drivers average more than $72,000 per year
- Cruise at 65 mph
- GUARANTEED Detention Pay
- Pet Policy
- Paid Orientation
- Gold Standard Driver Benefits Package – Dental, Life, Vision, Health from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska, and 401K
- Profit Sharing – Contributed $7.5 Million in 2016
- Vacation Pay
- VA Approved – Military Apprenticeship Program
As a Shaffer driver, you have the opportunity to earn unlimited income with our driver referral program. For every driver, you refer and we hire, we will pay you an additional $1000.
Guaranteed Detention Pay
Tired of sitting around waiting for customers and receivers, thinking you should be getting paid? Now you will. As of Jan. 1, 2015, you will be guaranteed detention pay after two hours. Click the link below to read more information about our detention pay policies.
Take friends and family out on the open road with you with our NO COST Rider Policy. Authorized passengers are as follows:
- One child, stepchild, foster-child, niece, nephew or grandchild 4 years of age or younger, provided they are accompanied by the non-driving spouse or adult
- One child, stepchild, foster-child, niece, nephew or grandchild 5 – 18 years of age, without the non-driving spouse or adult
- One adult 19 years or older
Drivers are allowed to have a dog or cat on the truck that weighs less than 60 pounds.
Safety First and Foremost
Trust your personal CSA score to a company that shares your same commitment to safety. Shaffer has one of the best CSA scores in the industry. Safety first and foremost is our commitment to you!
*According to 2017 NTI Average Miles Repo