You Deserve More
At Shaffer Trucking, we believe that drivers deserve more, especially when it comes to pay. That’s why Shaffer Trucking raised pay for its OTR National Fleet. Effective May 1, 2018, you could be earning $.49 to $.55 per practical mile. The top 25 percent of our OTR drivers will average more than $78,000 per year! The top 50 percent will exceed $75,000. Drivers on select regional and dedicated fleets will also receive a raise. This is our SECOND driver pay increase in 2018!
We provide industry-leading health insurance with lower premiums and deductibles than most major trucking companies and company matched 401(k) and profit sharing for retirement.
But driving for Shaffer Trucking isn’t just about the money. You’ll appreciate the benefits beyond the paycheck. Here’s more of what you can expect.
Pay, perks and benefits of joining Shaffer Trucking
- Stability: More than 80 years as a privately owned, debt-free company
- Start out earning $.49 to $.55 per practical mile, with top drivers averaging over $78,000 every year.
- Drivers cruise at 65 mph.
- Guaranteed detention pay.
- Pet policy – 2 Pets.
- No-cost rider policy.
- Paid orientation.
- Health, life, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) matching and profit sharing – $8 million contributed in 2017.
- Vacation pay.
- VA approved, Military Apprenticeship Program
- And much more!
- Minimum 22 years of age
- Stable & verifiable work history
- Acceptable driving record
- Valid Class A CDL
- Minimum of 4 months OTR experience *
- No alcohol-related offenses or positive drug screens in the past five year
* Some area restrictions apply