At Shaffer Trucking, we admire the independent spirit of owner operators and we are here to help you succeed. At a 99% success rate, we know what it takes for your business to thrive. This owner-operator truck driver position features flexible home time, multiple load select, and 99.9% no-touch freight. Join our team today!
- Average Weekly Pay of $3700+ (based on 2900 miles weekly)
- Fuel Surcharge* paid on all loaded miles + fuel discount
- Days on the Road: Varies depending on home location and fleet choice
- Fleet Type: Owner Operator
- Job Type: Temperature Controlled
Benefits of Joining Crete Carrier
- Ability to keep fuel costs at or below $1.00 per gallon
- Free trailer usage
- Dedicated dispatcher offering multiple load options
- No Forced Dispatch to NYC
- 28% owner operator turnover at Shaffer Trucking
- Maintenance available at our terminal’s shops
- Discounted Parts and Labor
- Payment for authorized lumpers, if required
- Relicensing Credit for Plates & Permits
- Guaranteed detention pay at $24/hour
- EZ Pass provided and reimbursement of authorized tolls
- Health Insurance Options
- IRA Contributions
*Fuel Surcharge is updated weekly based on the national average cost of highway diesel fuel. Fuel surcharge is paid on all loaded miles.
Founded in 1937, Shaffer Trucking has an over 80-year history of excellence. Joining the Crete Carrier family in 1974, the two companies, along with Hunt Transportation have become one of the nation’s largest privately owned transportation companies. Shaffer specializes in temperature-sensitive freight and is a premier carrier for the candy and confectionary industry. At Shaffer Trucking, our drivers are our most valuable asset. As a result, we have one of the lowest turnover rates in the industry with drivers staying with us three times longer than they do with our competition. We take pride in our relationship with our drivers. Our professional drivers are among the best on the highways, meeting standards far exceeding those required by the U.S. Department of Transportation.